|Fruity Patootie Tropical Ice Cream Sandwiches|
Sometimes it's hard
This week, I'm highlighting some of my favorite flavors and products from Magnolia. Today, we're taking a peek at my three favorite pints: Purple Yam, Guava and Mango! I love tropical fruits and exotic flavors. These guys have brilliant color, smooth creamy texture and knock-you-on-the-floor flavor! I can't begin to express how good these guys are...which is why PORTION control is important to keep these on the low calorie side!
|Magnolia Guava and |
Purple Yam Ice Cream
These little sammies are great for a get-together, a tasting party, or a date night dessert. Of course, a pint and a spoon is completely acceptable if you don't plan on sharing. I love combining a couple of flavors as an anytime treat. My guava and purple yam combo look like a perfect little easter basket!
Fruity Patootie Tropical Ice Cream Sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 minutes / Cook Time: 12 minutes / Servings: 12 sandwiches
For the Shortbreads:
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar, plus 3 tbsp.
- 1 stick butter at room temperature, plus 2 tbsp. melted
- 2 tsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the stick of butter, sugar, salt and flour. Mix on low speed until the mixture is chunky.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until a thick dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough to a large sheet of parchment paper that’s been dusted with flour. Roll the dough out to about 1/2” thickness and cut out the desired shapes for the shortbread.
- Place the cut-outs on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Melt the remaining 2 tbsp. butter in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Combine the remaining 3 tbsp. sugar and the 2 tbsp. cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Brush each of the shortbread pieces with the melted butter, then coat the buttered side in the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- 24 cinnamon sugar shortbreads
- 4 tbsp. Magnolia Guava Ice Cream
- 4 tbsp. Magnolia Mango Ice Cream
- 4 tbsp. Magnolia Purple Yam Ice Cream
- 4 fresh raspberries
- 4 tbsp. fresh cherimoya
- 4 tbsp. fresh Hawaiian papaya
- Place 12 of the shortbread on a serving dish.
- Use a melon baller to scoop the ice cream evenly on to the shortbreads. Use four cookies for each flavor.
- Use a melon baller to portion the fruit pieces. Place the raspberries on the mango ice cream scoops, place the cherimoya on the guava scoops and the papaya on the purple yam scoops.
- Top each one with the remaining shortbreads. Serve immediately.