Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 2 hours 30 minutes / Servings: 6
|Low-Fat Pumpkin Bread Pudding|
- 6 cups whole grain bread, chopped into 1" cubes (about 6 slices)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Sucralose sweetener (Splenda)
- 1/4 cup packed, dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup canned, organic, unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup crushed almonds
- 1 tbsp. orange zest
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, applesauce, Splenda and sugar. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine egg, egg substitute and vanilla. Whisk until eggs are smooth and combined. Pour the egg mixture into the milk mixtures and stir together.
- Add the pumpkin pie spice and canned pumpkin. Whisk until all ingredients are smooth and combined.
- Spread the bread cubes into the bottom of a slow-cooker or crock pot. Pour the custard mixture over the bread cubes to evenly coat the bread.
- Cover the mixture and cook on high for about 2-21/2 hours, until the custard is set all the way through. Allow the pudding to cool for about 10 minutes before serving. If you'd like to cook it in the oven instead, spray a glass baking dish with cooking spray, heat the oven to 350 degrees and cook for about 30 minutes or until the custard is set in the center.
- Serve and top with vanilla Greek yogurt, crushed almonds and orange zest.
Coconut Milk Green Tea Ice Cream