|Mediterranean Goat Cheese, Portobello and Veggie Pita|
If you're a true purist and the ingredients are available to you, there are some great gluten-free pita bread recipes out there. Here's a link:
Of course, there are so many great gluten-free products popping up in stores all over, it was easier for me just to buy some gluten-free pita bread. It saved time and money. The rest of the recipe is SUPER easy and the soft goat cheese gives it a perfect, creamy touch!
Mediterranean Goat Cheese, Portobello and Veggie Pita
Prep Time: 10 minutes / Cook Time: 15 minutes / Servings: 4
- 4 gluten-free pita bread pockets
- 5 oz. garlic and herb goat cheese, softened
- 10 oz. sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp. Italian or Mediterranean seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- olive oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat and spray with olive oil cooking spray. Add the bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. Cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, broccoli and carrots. Season with Italian or Mediterranean seasoning, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste. Stir until combined and continue to cook on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until veggies are soft.
- Heat the pitas in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Cut in half and open the pockets with a butter knife.
- Spread some of the softened goat cheese on both sides of the inside of the pita pockets. Spoon the veggie mixture into the pita pockets and serve.