|Gluten-Free Pasta Primavera with Herbs de Provence|
It's time to clean up, smile, celebrate and eat healthy. So, today I'm sharing a beautiful, vegetarian, gluten-free pasta primavera. I've given it a little French twist with some wonderful herbs de provence. The dried lavender in the herb blend gives this dish a true spring flare. Buy a GOOD herbs de provence and keep it on hand for fresh veggie dishes. I always buy mine in Temecula, CA or online at:
Gluten-Free Pasta Primavera with Herbs de Provence
Prep Time 15 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 4
|Gluten-Free Pasta Primavera with|
Herbs de Provence
- 8 oz. brown rice or corn pasta
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 small zucchini, julienned
- 10-12 stalks pencil asparagus, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 cup frozen English peas
- 1/2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, julienned
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. herbs de provence (more or less to your taste)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the noodles and stir. Boil for 7-10 minutes until the noodles are soft. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or wok on medium heat. Add the carrots and bell peppers. Stir and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add the zucchini, asparagus and peas. Season with herbs de provence, garlic powder and salt & pepper to taste. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Stir the pasta back in and add the grape tomatoes. Stir until combined. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- To Serve: Place the desired amount on a serving plate. Top with fresh basil and a dusting of Parmesan cheese.